Frequently Asked Questions about Lodging
- Do I have to be a member of the YMCA to stay at Snow Mountain Ranch-YMCA of the Rockies?
- A membership is not required to make reservations. Members of YMCA of the Rockies receive advanced reservation priority for one cabin per stay, plus a $15 per night discount, plus other benefits. Any YMCA member receives $15 per night discount – must provide membership information.
- How do I make a reservation?
- You may either make an online reservation through our website or call our reservation department at 1-888-613-9622. YMCA of the Rockies operates on two reservation season; Winter/Spring and Summer/Fall. While lodge rooms, campsites and yurts can be booked on January 1st for the following Summer/Fall Season and on July 1st Winter/Spring, family cabins are rented through our unique cabin priority system outlined below:
Cabin Donors earn first priority. YMCA of the Rockies is a not-for-profit organization and all of our family cabins have been generously donated by families who are committed to helping us fulfill our Mission. These donors pay the same nightly rate as all of our guests, but they receive first priority when making their reservation requests for each of our reservation seasons.
Members earn second priority A YMCA of the Rockies annual membership entitles you to receive second priority when placing a reservation request for cabins. If you would like to become a YMCA of the Rockies member, please visit our Membership page.
Non-members can make reservations. You do not have to be a member to stay at YMCA of the Rockies. Our online and phone reservations for cabins open to non–members on these dates: Summer/Fall: First Wednesday in April (for cabin reservations June 1 – November 30) Winter/Spring: First Wednesday in October (for cabin reservations December 1 – May 30)
- Do you accept pets?
- We are pleased to offer accommodations for you and your pet(s). Well-behaved pets are allowed in 2-5 bedroom cabins. 2 pet maximum. Pets are not allowed in the 6, 7 or 8 bedroom Retreat Cabins or lodge rooms. Please review our Pet Policy before you make your reservation with your pet. For people with severe pet allergies, we have select cabins that are pet-free. Please call our reservation staff at 888-613-9622 to request a pet-free cabin.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- A 35% deposit is required for all reservations. If you cancel a reservation 30 days or more prior to your arrival, you forfeit 25% of the original 35% deposit. If you cancel your reservation closer than 30 days prior to your arrival, the entire 35% deposit is forfeited. Once you have checked in, should you decide to leave early you are financially responsible for each night you had reserved.
- What is your payment policy?
- A 35% deposit is required for all reservations. Once you check in you are responsible for paying for the nights you have booked. We accept Mastercard, VISA, Discover, and American Express, personal checks, traveler’s checks and cash. *Special exceptions may apply.
- Does the YMCA provide linens and towels?
- Yes, all bedding and towels are provided in cabins and lodge rooms at YMCA of the Rockies. There are limited toiletries provided. We recommend that guests bring shampoo and conditioner. YMCA of the Rockies also provides toilet paper, tissues, drinking glasses and soap. Maid service is available in lodge rooms, but not in cabins or yurts. Fresh towels and linens can be picked up in the housekeeping office for cabins year round and for yurts in the spring summer and fall.
- Are shampoo, conditioner, soap, and hairdryers provided?
- Shampoo and conditioner are not provided at YMCA of the Rockies. Soap dispensers are located at the sink and in the showers of every property at the YMCA of the Rockies. Hairdryers are also provided in lodge rooms and some cabins.
- Do you have handicapped-accessible cabins, lodge rooms and yurts? How do I reserve one?
- Yes, YMCA of the Rockies provides handicapped-accessible cabins, lodge rooms and yurts. We will carefully consider your preferences, but we cannot guarantee cabin location or specific cabin assignment. Handicapped-accessible rooms are available in each of our guest lodges, and we have a small number of handicapped-accessible cabins. Please call our reservation staff at 888-613-9622 to request a handicapped-accessible cabin or lodge room. Please note that we do not have elevators in any of the buildings at Snow Mountain Ranch and that our lodges have multiple levels. If you have issues with stairs, please request a ground-level room. We can provide a ramp that goes up 3 steps to assist with mobility issues; please inquire about the ramp when you check-in at the administration building.
- Are there TVs in the cabins and lodge rooms?
- YMCA of the Rockies strives to promote recreation and activity for our guests to come together. Thus, the majority of our cabins and lodge rooms do not have TVs. Vacation homes are the only lodging option with TVs. Free wi-fi is available throughout the property.
- Is there air-conditioning in cabins and lodge rooms?
- Like most mountain communities, we do not have air conditioning units in our rooms. Daytime temps peak around 75 degrees in the summer months and quickly cool off in the evening–nighttime temps can dip into the 30s and 40s even in summer.
- What amenities are in the cabins?
- Cabins have either forced hot water or electric heating, fully equipped kitchens with refrigerator and stove with oven, microwaves, telephones and one or more baths. Linens, bath and dish towels, dishes and cooking utensils are provided. Cabins do not have TVs. Vacation Homes, in addition to the above, have a dishwasher and satellite TV. Our cabins do not have air-conditioning because of our cool mountain nights. Cabins have either gas or wood fireplaces. Roll-away beds are available in cabins for a fee. To request a roll-away bed, please call our reservation staff at 888-613-9622 or request it in the comments section of the online reservation form. Gas grills are available to rent for $15/six hours of use. To rent a gas grill, please call 970-887-2152, ext. 4127. Please note that under certain fire bans, the usage of gas grills may be restricted or not allowed. For the latest fire ban information, please visit the activities page.
- What amenities are in the lodge rooms?
- Lodge rooms do not have cooking facilities or TV. Towels and bedding are provided. Only rooms in Indian Peaks Lodge have mini fridges, microwaves and decks or porches. All lodge rooms have hair dryers and soap dispensers. Shampoo and conditioner are not included. Our lodge rooms do not have air-conditioning because of our cool mountain nights.
- What amenities are in the yurts? What is it like to stay in a yurt?
- Yurts are available for the summer and fall from the 3rd Friday in May through the 2nd Saturday in October. Yurts are available for the winter and spring from the 3rd Friday in October through the 2nd Saturday in April (please note that they are not heated). Yurts are closed for maintenance from the 2nd Sunday in April through the 3rd Thursday in May. Make reservations online or by calling 888-613-9622. Each yurt can sleep up to 6 people, with one queen bed and two bunked beds. Each yurt site including yurt and additional camping tent pad (2 persons in tent) can sleep up 8 people. Yurts are not heated. Rollaways are not available. Pack 'n plays are available to rent only during summer months. Pets are allowed. There is a $15 per pet/per night fee (max $150). There are two yurt villages, each with twelve yurts. Each village has one handicapped-accessible yurt. A bathhouse is located in the yurt village with flush toilets, handicapped accessible hot showers, hair dryers, phone, coin operated washer and dryer and deep well sinks. Towels are not provided in the bathhouse. Parking is located 100-225 feet from yurts (handicapped-accessible yurt is located 15 feet from parking). Luggage carts are available (summer only). Walkways in the yurt village have limited lighting. Please bring flashlights. Bed linens are only provided during summer season. During the winter season towels, blankets sheets and pillows are not provided. Overnight temperatures often drop to sub-zero temperatures and a winter-rated sleeping bag is recommended.
- What amenities are at the campsites?
- Our Hopi campground offers a bathhouse with hot showers, handicapped-accessible toilet facilities, phone and deep well sinks. The campground is open from Memorial Day through the end of September, weather permitting. Booking for campgrounds opens in January.
Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional charge. We are able to make specific reservations for type of site, but not specific site number or location. Make reservations online or by calling 800-777-9622.
Campsites include: Water, electricity (50 Amps) hookup, sewer hookup, picnic table and fire ring. However, not all sites have water and/or sewer. Some are electric only, some are water and electric and the rest have water, electric and sewer. Please inquire at reservation as to what amenities your campsite includes.
- Can I request a specific cabin/lodge room/yurt?
- We will carefully consider your preferences, but we cannot guarantee specific cabin, lodge room or yurt assignment.
- When are check-in/check-out times?
- CHECK-IN AFTER 3:00 PM at the front desk in the Administration building. Please be aware that on busy summer days, weekends, or holidays YOUR CABIN OR ROOM MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL AFTER 6:00 PM, so please make your travel plans accordingly. If you arrive before your room is ready, you are welcome to use all YMCA facilities for the entire day of check-in. CHECK-OUT IS 10:00 AM you are welcome to use our facilities the entire day of check-out. We ask that you have all of your belongings out of your room or cabin by 10 am on check-out day.
- Do cabins have grills?
- Cabins at the YMCA of the Rockies include grills upon request. We ask guests not to bring their grills as a safety precaution. You can arrange to rent a gas grill through our conference department (970-887-2152, ext. 4127). Under certain fire bans, the usage of gas grills may be restricted or not allowed. For current fire ban information, please visit our activities page.
- Can I have a campfire?
- Campfires are only allowed in designated areas. Campground sites have their own designated fire pits. Guests can reserve fire rings through the front desk. Please call our Conference Department at 970-887-2152, ext. 4127 to reserve a fire ring for your family or group. Cookouts are only allowed at the Snow Mountain Ranch cookout shelter. Please reserve through the Food Service Department. Fire bans may affect the usage of campfires and cookout areas; for the latest fire ban information, please visit the activities page.
- Are pack n plays available?
- Yes, pack 'n plays are available and free to rent. Requests for pack 'n plays must be made at time of reservation.