1Our Reservation Process
Reservations can be made two ways:
- By phone: (888) 613-9622
Snow Mountain Ranch operates on two reservation seasons:
Summer/Fall (For stays between June 1 and Nov. 30): Lodge rooms, yurts, and campsites – open for all reservations January 1 each year. Cabins – reservations open to non-members the first Wednesday in April each year.
Winter/Spring (For stays between December 1 and May 31): Lodge rooms, yurts and campsites – open for all reservations July 1 each year. Cabins – reservations open to non-members the first Wednesday in October each year.
YMCA of the Rockies members receive priority when booking cabins.
Here’s how it works:
1. Cabin Donors receive first priority. YMCA of the Rockies is a not-for-profit organization and all of our family cabins have been generously donated by families who are committed to helping us fulfill our Mission. These donors pay the same nightly rate as all of our guests, but they receive first priority when making their reservation requests for each of our reservation seasons.2. Members receive second priority. A YMCA of the Rockies annual membership entitles you to receive second priority when placing a reservation request for cabins. If you would like to become a YMCA of the Rockies member, please visit our Membership page.
3. Non-member reservations. You do not have to be a member to stay at YMCA of the Rockies. Our online and phone reservations for cabins open to non–members on these dates: Summer/Fall (for cabin reservations June 1-November 30: First Wednesday in April each year Winter/Spring (for cabin reservations December 1 – May 30) : First Wednesday in October Learn the Secrets to Success for making a cabin reservation!
YMCA of the Rockies Snow Mountain Ranch near Winter Park provides the following lodging types:
- Hotel-style lodge rooms
- Cabins Plus
Learn how to make a reservation in the Reservations section. If you are interested in holding a reunion or retreat at Snow Mountain Ranch, learn more about our reunion cabins at ColoradoConferenceCenters.com or call (800) 777-9622.
3Cabin, Lodge Room, Yurt & Campground Amenities
There are three different lodges at Snow Mountain Ranch. Bed configurations vary from hotel-style rooms with two queen beds to rooms with a bunk bed configuration. Lodge rooms do not have cooking facilities or in-room televisions. Towels and bedding are provided. Only rooms in Indian Peaks have mini-refrigerators, microwaves and decks or porches. All lodge rooms have private bathrooms, hair dryers and in-shower soap dispensers. Shampoo and conditioner are not included. Our lodge rooms do not have air-conditioning, but thanks to our cool mountain nights, open windows and fans provide comfort during the summer.
Cabins are heated and have fully equipped kitchens with refrigerator and stove with oven, microwaves, telephones and one or more baths. Linens, bath and dish towels, dishes and cooking utensils are provided. Cabins do not have TVs. Cabins Plus, in addition to the above, have a dishwasher and satellite TV. Our cabins do not have air-conditioning, but remain comfortable thanks to our cool mountain nights during the summer. Cabins have either gas or wood fireplaces. Roll-away beds are available in cabins for a fee. To request a roll-away bed, please call our reservation staff at 888-613-9622 or request it in the comments section of the online reservation form.
Yurts are available for the summer and fall from the 3rd Friday in May through the 2nd Saturday in October. Yurts are available for the winter and spring from the 3rd Friday in October through the 2nd Saturday in April (please note that they are not heated). Yurts are closed for maintenance from the 2nd Sunday in April through the 3rd Thursday in May.
- Each yurt can sleep up to 6 people, with one queen bed and two bunked beds. Each yurt includes an adjacent tent pad. Total capacity of each yurt site is 8 people.
- Yurts are not heated.
- Rollaways are not available. Cribs are available to rent only during summer months.
- Pets allowed. Please review our pet policy.
- Two diverse-ability-accessible yurts are available.
- A bathhouse is located in the yurt village with flush toilets, accessible hot showers, hair dryers, phone, coin operated washer and dryer and deep well sinks.
- Parking is located 100-225 feet from yurts (accessible yurt is located 15 feet from parking). Luggage carts are available (summer only).
- Walkways in the yurt village have limited lighting. Please bring flashlights.
- Bed linens are only provided during summer season. During the winter season towels, blankets sheets and pillows are not provided. Overnight temperatures often drop to sub-zero temperatures and a winter-rated sleeping bag is recommended.
- WiFi is available in the area of the bathhouse.
Hopi campground is open from Memorial Day through the end of September, weather permitting. Booking for campgrounds opens in January.
- The campground offers a bathhouse with hot showers, accessible toilet facilities, phone and deep well sinks.
- Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional charge. We ask that you limit number of pets on each site to two.
- All sites include electricity, picnic table and fire ring. Certain sites also include water and sewer.
- WiFi is available in the area of the bathhouse.
View map for maximum size capacity.
Guide for First-Time Visitors
Snow Mountain Ranch is located in Granby, Colorado, near Winter Park and just over 90 miles from Denver. Rocky Mountain National Park is just 24 miles away.
YMCA of the Rockies has two beautiful locations. Its other location is in Estes Park, a 74 mile drive from Denver.
Snow Mountain Ranch is located at 1101 County Road 53, Granby, Colo.
Check-in is located in our Administration building. When you turn off of Route 40 onto County Road 53, drive about a mile down the road. At the first stop sign, you’ll see signs for guest registration. Turn left at the stop sign into the large parking lot.
For recorded updates from the Colorado Department of Transportation, please call 303-327-4034. The recording is updated by 10 a.m. daily.
3CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
What to expect when checking in and checking out at Snow Mountain Ranch
Your accommodations will be ready by 6 p.m. MT for check-in located at the front desk in the Administration building.
If you arrive before your room is ready, you are welcome to pre-register, giving you access to use all Snow Mountain Ranch facilities for the entire day of check-in.
Check-out is 10 a.m. You are welcome to use our facilities the entire day of check-out. We ask that you have all of your belongings out of your room or cabin by 10 a.m. on check-out day.
In addition to driving, there are a few other transportation options for getting to Snow Mountain Ranch
Airport Shuttle Service:
If you need to arrange transportation from Denver International Airport to Snow Mountain Ranch, please contact Home James Shuttle at (800) 359-7536.
Amtrak: Runs daily from Union Station in Denver to Fraser, Colo., and Granby, Colo. Call (800) USA-RAIL for more information. Transportation from the Amtrak station to Snow Mountain Ranch must be arranged on your own. You can also try Winter Park Valley Taxi, but be sure to call in advance (970) 726-4940.
Winter Park Express: Runs early January through late March on Saturdays, Sundays and select Fridays only from Denver’s Union Station to Winter Park Resort. Transportation from Winter Park Resort to Snow Mountain Ranch must be arranged on your own. You can also try Winter Park Valley Taxi, but be sure to call in advance (970) 726-4940.
Weather can vary dramatically over the course of a day because of our altitude (8,010 feet above sea level). We recommend bringing a variety of clothing layers. Check the current weather and monthly averages.
Seasonal conditions and how to prepare
Summer and fall temperatures can be warm during the day and chilly at night. We recommend bringing light-weight clothes for the day and warm jackets for the evenings. Summer is known for afternoon thunderstorms, so be prepared by having a rain jacket and plan your hiking accordingly by leaving early in the morning and returning before the afternoon.
Winter and spring have the potential to be cold and sunny or cold and snowy! Prepare yourself with sturdy shoes, warm clothing and adequate tires or four-wheel drive for your vehicle.
YMCA of the Rockies’ elevation is over 8,700 feet above sea level and oxygen is approximately 45% less dense. Guests from lower elevations may notice shortness of breath, and some may also experience fatigue and dizziness associated with altitude sickness. To prevent these symptoms, drink plenty of water (64 oz daily), get plenty of rest, eat lightly and avoid alcohol.
Your chance of sunburn also increases at higher elevations. Be sure to use plenty of sunscreen and protect your eyes with sunglasses.
We are pleased to offer accommodations for you and your pet(s). Well-behaved pets are allowed in 2-5 bedroom cabins and a limited number of rooms in Indian Peaks Lodge. Two pet maximum. Pets are not allowed in the 6, 7 or 8 bedroom Retreat Cabins or lodge rooms in Aspenbrook Lodge and Silver Sage Lodge. Please review our Pet Policy before you make your reservation with your pet. For people with severe pet allergies, we have select cabins that are pet-free. Please call our reservation staff at 888-613-9622 to request a pet-free cabin.
YMCA of the Rockies is honored to share our environment with the rich gifts of nature in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. At both YMCA of the Rockies and Rocky Mountain National Park, in order to maintain our beautiful surroundings for generations to come, guests must:
- Stay on trails when hiking and only park in designated areas. Traveling in undesignated areas causes erosion of fragile ecosystems.
- Do not feed wildlife under any circumstance
- Keep your distance while viewing wildlife. For your safety, use a zoom lens and stay at least two bus-lengths from any animal.
- Be bear aware. Do not leave food or beverages in your car, or on your cabin counter or table. Lock doors and close ground floor windows when you leave your cabin and when you are asleep. Your actions could save the life of a bear!
1THINGS TO DO
With more than 5,000 acres, Snow Mountain Ranch has countless activities for all ages all year long. On-site summer activities include hiking, biking, canoeing, zip lining and a variety of family programs, plus easy access to nearby fishing, boating and rafting. On-site winter activities include cross-country skiing on one of the most expansive trail systems in the U.S., tubing, snowshoeing, winter family programs, and easy access to the Winter Park, Mary Jane and Granby Ranch downhill ski areas. Most of our activities are included in your stay, but archery, zip line, rock wall, and canoeing all require a small fee. Most of our activities are included in your stay, but archery, zip line, rock wall, and canoeing all require a small fee.
Browse our Weekly Activity Guides for the most current schedules of activities. Activities and programs vary during each season.
3Want To Go For A Swim?
Snow Mountain Ranch has a 25-yard indoor swimming pool for lap and recreational swimming. Lifeguards are on duty during all swimming hours, and our guard to swimmer ratio is 1:20. Because our pool is not grounded, when there is lightning in the area, all swimmers must evacuate the water. An alert system lets staff know when lightning is in the area. The system provides an all-clear message when the lightning has passed and it is safe for swimmers to return to the pool.
All children must take a swim test to swim outside of the shallow end of the pool. If a child chooses not to take the swim test, or they do not pass, they will not be able to use the deep end of the pool and will need to be accompanied by an adult (18 or older) in the water. If they pass the swim test, they can be without a parent in the water and they are able to use the deep end and diving board. While a parent or guardian does not need to be in the water with the child, they must remain in the pool facility.
Select activities require advanced registration. To ensure you don’t miss out on anything register for activities before you arrive.
For assistance with the registration process, please call our Programs department at
(970) 887-2152, x4135.
Schlessman Commons Dining Hall:
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served every day in an all-you-can-eat buffet style dining hall. Fresh salad bar, delicious desserts, homemade specialties and beverages accompany every meal. Enjoy the sweeping mountain views while dining with your family and friends. Meals are available on a pay-as-you-go basis and can be purchased at the dining hall entrance.
Current hours and prices:*
Ski season (mid-November through mid-April): 6:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
Spring, summer and fall: 7 a.m. – 9 a.m.
Adults: $10.50, Children: $7
11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Adults: $13, Children: $8.50
5 p.m.- 7:30 p.m.
Adults: $15.50, Children: $10.50
Children: 6-12 years old. Children 5 and under are free.
*Subject to change at any time. For the latest information, call 970-887-2152, x4197.
Buckboard Grill & Grocery:
Hours vary with seasons, please call for schedule: 970-887-2152, x4122.
Buckboard Grill & Grocery is located in the Administration building and provides snacks, sandwiches, hot grill items, and a small variety of grocery supplies.
Skinny Ski Café:
Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the winter season only 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Skinny Ski Café is located above the Nordic Center.
Stop by on a snowy day for a hot soup bread bowl, hot cocoa or a high energy snack. It’s the perfect place to relax after a day in the snow.
Menu options include homemade chili, paninis and snacks.
Special arrangements can be made to accommodate food allergies. Please call our Food Service department at 970-887-2152, x 1701.
""Great location just under 2 hours outside of the metro area. Plenty of free activities for kids. The paid activities are very reasonable including zip line summer and winter tube slides, and horseback riding. We stayed in the cabin and it was great. The lodging details on the website are very accurate so plan to bring what you need accordingly. We will come back as soon as we can to enjoy YMCA Snow Mountain Ranch." "
""Amazing place. We went here for a few days of cross country skiing. There are many miles of beautiful trails to explore, and the ski shop is great with good gear and very helpful staff (who also do lessons if you like). The room was spacious, comfortable and offered a great view of the Indian peaks. Food options were plenty and good. All this comes at an incredible value. We will be back!""