Join us at Snow Mountain Ranch for Family Pioneer Weekend!
Ever wonder what it would be like to travel back in time and live the way the pioneers did? Think no more! We invite you to stay with us at Snow Mountain Ranch from September 7-9 to experience and find out what it takes to tame the Colorado landscape like a real pioneer.
The Rowley Homestead will serve as the backdrop for authentic family fun and pioneer games—the old fashioned way! Guests will experience the life of a pioneer from dressing up in pioneer clothing, learning how to churn butter, participating in sack races and a stick horse rodeo, making a corn cob doll and so much more!
7 pm – Campfire with brown bears – don’t worry; they’re not real brown bears! They’re biscuits cooked over the fire, dipped in butter and covered in brown sugar!
We’ll also talk about what’s happening at the Homestead over the weekend.
Saturday: 10 am – 4 pm
Sack races every hour, on the hour
Stations will be happening all day
- Dress up and take photos in pioneer clothing. A great Christmas card photo opportunity!
- Learn about doing laundry by hand, the way the pioneers did
- Make your own corn cob doll
- Rope the bulls!
- Learn about Homestead life for pioneers in the Rowley House
- Pet some of our furry friends in our petting zoo
- Make your own hiking stick to take on a breathtaking hike through the beautiful fall foliage
11 am & 1 pm: Stick horse rodeo
12 pm & 3 pm: Learn how to make butter
Sunday: 9 am – 12 pm
- Dress up and take photos in pioneer clothing
- Make your own hiking stick
- Take a tour of the Rowley Homestead