Questions about living at the ranch? We've got you covered!
- If you are locked out of your room or need assistance, please call the Front Desk (0) to radio the RA on duty or security after hours.
- Quiet hours are from 11PM until 7AM. Only residents assigned to a room may be in the room at that time. Guests are not allowed in staff housing during quiet hours.
- Smoking in your room or any building is absolutely prohibited. Smoking is only allowed outside of staff housing at least 15 feet from the building.
- Bunk beds cannot be taken apart ($50 fee if they are). Ask Housing for permission to move any furniture.
- All rooms will be inspected regularly. All residents must check-out of their room properly before they leave or a fine is charged. Download and print the Express Staff Checkout Form for checkout procedures.
- Non-authorized staff are not allowed on Camp Chief Ouray premises during the Summer.
- Cleaning supplies are located in the closet next to the stairs by the parking lot in Blue Ridge, in the closet at the front entrance of Pinewood and in each bathroom in Bays.
- Vacuums are typically located with cleaning supplies or in lobbies or hallways of the dorms. In Blue Ridge, cleaning supplies and vacuums must be checked out of the RA office.
Items Not Allowed in Housing
- Drugs/Alcohol (including empty containers)
- Firearms or large knives
- Open Flames (candles, incense, etc.)
- Electric Skillets/Hot Plates
- Smoking which includes e-cigarettes
- Pets of any kind
As part of living in community, we ask that each resident assist in the upkeep and cleanliness of the dorms. Please look for your cleaning assignments posted weekly on the dorm bulletin boards for Blue Ridge or in the bathrooms for Bays residents. Pinewood residents may find information for cleaning assignments in Jody’s Ark.
There are computers with free internet access available for staff use in the Religious Activities Center (RAC). The RAC is open from 7:00 AM to 11:00PM every day. You may also use the computers at the Library. Call extension 4143 to verify the schedules for the day. WiFi is available in Bays, Blue Ridge, Pinewood and in other major buildings on the property. No password is required to access the internet.
Meals & Sack Lunches
All seasonal staff may eat for free at The Commons. Staff may also pay a discounted price to eat at the Buckboard Grill or Skinny Ski Café (Skinny Ski is open in winter only). The Buckboard Grill also has a small grocery section with various snacks and toiletries available for purchase. If you are going to be gone for the day and will miss lunch, you may sign-up online by 1PM two days before you need it for a sack lunch from the Grill by clicking here. Sack lunches count as a meal for employees. Guests related to Staff have discounted prices in Commons. Staff must always wear their Employee ID’s for meals in Commons and while working.
Contact the HR office for necessary transportation arrangements (Ext 4219). Home James shuttle reservations to and from the Denver airport can be made either by calling 970-726-5060 or by filling out a form at the HR office which allows you to get a 20% discount ($59.00—one way). Other transportation includes the Amtrak train and Greyhound bus services.
Mail & Packages
Upon check-in at HR, you are assigned a mailbox. Mailboxes are shared. The mailboxes are located in your dorm in the lobbies of Bay 4, Blue Ridge and Pinewood. Mail or packages too large for mailboxes are kept at HR. Recipients are notified by email and their names posted on a list on the SMR Staff Facebook page. Packages may be picked up from 8am-9am and from 4:30pm-5:30pm daily at the back entrance to HR (administration building lower level) next to the Coke machine.
Click here to see today’s package list.
For Post Office Mail:
Snow Mountain Ranch PO Box 2270
Granby CO 80446
For FEDEX or UPS:
Your Name—Staff Snow Mountain Ranch
1101 County Road 53
Granby CO 80446
Failure to use the correct address could result in mail being delayed or returned as undeliverable by our courier services.