What to Expect
Welcome to Snow Mountain Ranch! We are glad you are joining us!
Snow Mountain Ranch is in its first stage of reopening after the COVID-19 crisis and we look forward to sharing our wide-open spaces, mountain views and fresh air with you! For your health and safety, we are making decisions about our operations based on our local and state health agency orders and guidelines. As a result, the guest experience at YMCA of the Rockies will be a little different this year.
As the COVID-19 situation develops and new recommendations and health orders are implemented, our processes and procedures are also changing in response. We are working hard to make sure your stay here is restful, relaxing and safe. Please be patient with us as we adjust to the new way of doing things.
Here is what you can expect as of June 26, 2020.
Guest Safety Guidelines and Practices
Consistent with Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment Public Health Order 20-28 Safer at Home, YMCA of the Rockies is committed to protecting the health of our staff and our guests.
Current orders require the use of face coverings inside any business. This includes all buildings at Snow Mountain Ranch with the exception of your lodging unit. We also request guests follow appropriate social distancing practices, maintaining a six-foot distance from other guests and staff. Gatherings of more than 10 people are prohibited. We encourage guests to bring their own hand sanitizer and use it after contact with high-touch areas.
YMCA of the Rockies staff members are following social distancing requirements, wearing face coverings and gloves as mandated, telecommuting whenever possible, practicing appropriate personal hygiene, and passing a daily temperature and symptom assessment.
You will receive a pre-arrival email allowing you to complete part of the registration process online. Please make every effort to submit this information prior to arriving at Snow Mountain Ranch, allowing us to minimize the time needed to complete your paperwork in person. Upon arrival, one member of your party may enter the Administration building to complete check-in process.
Every adult in your party will be required to sign a Guest Assumption of Risk Waiver. You may download it now and print and sign it to reduce the time spent checking in.
If possible, bring your own pen and be sure to wear your face mask. One-way traffic into and out of the building has been established. Please follow the signs.
For your safety, we are taking extra precautions to clean and disinfect your rooms before arrival. In order to minimize the possibility of spreading COVID-19 between our staff and guests, once you check into your lodging, our Housekeeping staff will not re-enter your room until you checkout. We will provide stations in each of the lodges where guests can exchange towels and pick up supplies. Guests can also go directly to our Linen Exchange center located in the Guest Coin Laundry.
When you check out, please leave your keys inside your lodge room, cabin or yurt. You will receive an email with a copy of your final folio. Do not go to the front desk unless you have an issue that cannot be resolved over the phone.
Be sure to check your pre-arrival emails and this webpage for the most current, specific information as your date of arrival gets closer. This page will be updated regularly as new information, processes and procedures are available.
Finding your accommodations
When you check-in, you will receive the name and or number of your lodging accommodation and a map showing its location. For an online version, please see our property map.
Programs and Activities
We suggest bringing board games, card games, and other activities from home to keep in your cabin during your stay.
Masks are required at all activities.
Click here for more information about Day Camp.
- Socially distanced outdoor spaces, including single picnic tables
- Mini Golf-Check out equipment at the Mini Golf course
- Outdoor Volleyball-Check out equipment at the Programs building
- Tennis-Check out equipment at the Programs building
- Disc golf-Check out equipment at the Programs building
- Trails for hiking and biking
- Take & Make Craft Kits
- Craft Shop (capacity of 10 people at a time)
- Photo & Video Scavenger Hunt
- Snow Mountain Stables
- Rowley Homestead (capacity of 10 people at a time)
- Playgrounds (capacity of 10 people at a time)
- Dog Park
- Pool (capacity of 20 people – click here for more information)
- Hiking Stick Class – 6/27
- Summer Tubing Hill – 6/27
- Kiva – 6/27 (roller skating only)
- Archery *
- Climbing *
- Canoeing *
- Zip Lining *
- Family Programs *
- Fire Rings – Available with advanced registration (capacity of 10 people at a time)
**Starred activities require registration. Please sign up here or visit Programs when you arrive for more information.
To get the latest information on the status of Rocky Mountain National Park, visit the Park’s website.
- Program/activity areas where gathering can occur
- Lobbies and Common Areas
Food and Dining
- To-go and take-and-bake food available at the Buckboard Grill. Limited indoor and outdoor dining consistent with Colorado State guidelines is available.
- Meals are available at The Schlessman Commons. Snow Mountain Ranch staff is serving food from the hot line, individually packaged in to-go containers.
- Grocery delivery available through The Grocery Guys
- Restaurants in the area are gradually opening to guests and many are offering take-out options.
Limited indoor and outdoor dining is available.
Guests of the Buckboard Grill can enjoy their meal either inside our dining room or outside on the patio. We can seat single families of up to eight people at tables positioned more than 6-feet apart. Our hostess will seat all parties who are required to wear face coverings anytime they are not seated. As required by the state of Colorado, we will also request all guests to provide their name and contact information to facilitate notification in the unlikely event of an exposure.
Hours: 9 am – 9 pm
Orders: To place an order, please use our online ordering system below.
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE ORDERING
Pick Up: Pick ups will be at the Buckboard Grill with the exception of Hot Family Meals – which can be picked up at Schlessman Commons at a pre-determined time.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be served at Schlessman Commons by our staff, distributed in to-go containers. We can seat single families of up to eight people at tables positioned more than 6-feet apart. Our hostess will seat all parties who are required to wear face coverings anytime they are not seated.
Hours and Prices:
Hours: 7:00 am – 9:00 am
Price: Adults $11, Children $7.50
Hours: 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Price: Adults $13, Children $8.50
Hours: 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Price: Adults $16, Children $11
** Children ages 6-12 years old. Under the age of 5 is free. **
Snow Mountain Ranch is now accepting reservations for reunion cabins in accordance with current Grand County Public Health Orders. Snow Mountain Ranch will take the steps below to ensure we are following all county guidance:
- Related groups of up to 50 people are allowed in reunion cabins depending on cabin size. To learn more, call 800-777-9622.
- We will honor the intent of safer at home and encourage guests to secure lodging for their same household
- We will limit access to multi-room cabins to single family groups such as reunions or life celebrations
- We will provide clear instruction and cleaning supplies to ensure common areas are disinfected multiple times a day
- We will encourage the family groups to stay together as much as possible while at Snow Mountain Ranch
For food, retail and activities, please pay using the following options, a credit card/debit card, allowing us to easily charge it to your room or use cash to purchase a YMCA gift card from the front desk to use at food/activity outlets. Cash will not be accepted unless used to purchase a gift card to use throughout your stay.
Day Passes are now available for purchase for off-grounds guests at Snow Mountain Ranch.